Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Talk with Brian McLaren

I just spoke with Brian McLaren author of "A New Kind of Christianity" via skype. This mess was so cool!!

This guy is a nationally and internationally known author. We got to speak about his view on Jesus. I told him about how I interpreted his statement and he caution me to be careful about how you introduce new progressive ideas about Christianity.

I must be honest and say that the conversation was very pleasant. His view on his Christianity is almost inspiring. It seems that progressive theologians can't be true Christains and progressive.

Brian is down to earth and confident in his faith in Christ. I am going to reread his new book and I encourage you to do the same

C

3 comments:

  1. Charles, why do you say that it's not possible for progressive theologians to be true Christians and progressive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am gonna hope that was a type ohhhh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After thinking about it, my use of the word "true" is in accurate.

    What I am saying is that many theologians, who claim to be Christains, have a perspective on Jesus is unique.

    I am of the opinion that there are certain things that you can't compromise as a Christian. Brian McLaren was openly and confidently Christian in his conversation with our class.

    While he was concerned with explaining a new and innovative way to live out Christianity, he was affirming the validity of Christianity as a religious tradition.

    This is something that I am not used to. It seems that every theologian has a catch or provision to their Christianity.

    For example, I am a Christian but Jesus did not perform miracles

    or

    I am a Christian I just don't believe Jesus was sent by God.

    These comments and opinions are normal for popular theologians.

    Brian McLaren did not give me that impression

    ReplyDelete